Hold a Fundraiser
Organizing a fundraiser is a great way to spread the word about Giving the Basics and collect funds for people who need our services the most. Churches, youth groups, businesses, neighborhoods and individuals can make a difference in the lives of those who don’t have the basics. It’s easy – and rewarding!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Hold a car wash, 5K or bake sale
- Coordinate a jeans day at your workplace
- Host a gala event, happy hour or dinner party
- Designate a portion of proceeds from your business (over a night, week, month or longer)
- Make Giving the Basics a beneficiary of proceeds from an existing event